To Grow or Not to Grow...
that is the question. I have been reading some about true discipleship and christian growth. I am finding that a large number (you know that I am a percentage freak so I am trying not to throw out too many figures, pray for me) but a large number of christians never grow. I was amazed. Many serve God for years to never really grow in God. I don't know about you but I want to grow in God. I refuse to live life only to find that I could have had a more abundant life had I grew in the Lord. I found a few things that have helped me and I want to share them with you as we enter the Weekend! (In case I get on a rabbit trail and forget, DON'T MISS CHURCH THIS SUNDAY!! Oh my goodness of all that is happening. I can't tell you but trust me you want to be a part of this year at CIOC...Get INVOLVED! Get CONNECTED!! Because God promises all that comes to this church will flow to those CONNECTED to it.) Ok back to growth..which that was actually one of the reasons...people refuse to get into a church, join it, get involved and stay. The greatest sign of maturity is self evaluation. The second greatest is relationships. As a pastor it's hard for me to have close personal relationships with everyone. I do, however, have a group of people (only 2 go to our church and 6 of them are around the nation) that I am connected too. Be aware of those who are constantly moving and changing those they hang around. (please don't take this wrong...I am speaking on a personal level) There are those who have made me mad..and I have had to take time away from them too keep from getting angry...but rest assure...I always reconnect to those who have been close to me. Why? you might ask? Well, the message of Jesus was one of Love and Relationships...Moses said do not covet your neighbors wife...Jesus said, if you even look on her...Jesus was clear about relationships. Relationships MAKE us GROW...anyone who has had a long time friend or has been married for more than a week knows for you to have relationships you must bend, change, and grow. That's why God wants us to be a part of his family...Let me be CLEAR, You will NOT grow in Christ if you are not a part of His family and a part of a local Church. God said in Genesis 2, "It's not good for man to be ALONE." God created 2 institutions so that man would not have to be alone...1) The Church 2) Marriage....85% of Americans admit to intense feelings of Lonliness...85% (sorry, there goes the figure throwing) but 85%...that means the church ought to be a place of connectedness and love...but for that to happen and for you to Grow you must be involved to the point that sometimes those around you rub you the wrong way...you might say Pastor that's not Biblical...well, David had Saul. If you like reading, read "A Tale of Three Kings." It shows that God will put the Sauls in your life to push the Saul part of you out....if all you do is run from those who challenge you and rub you wrong...you might go to another place or even another level...but the Saul in you will try to kill those sent to you to build the kingdom....Blessings to all...SEE YOU SUNDAY!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home